What You Should Do Before Waxing
- For Body Waxing Treatments hair needs to be at least ¼ inch long but preferably ½ inch. Please allow about two weeks of hair growth before your visit.
- Inform your Wax Specialists of any past experienced difficulties with your waxing treatments in the past.
- Please avoid sun exposure for 24 hours both before and after your waxing service.
- Gently exfoliate your skin before getting waxed.
- Don’t apply moisturizers before waxing service.
- Don’t wax after Tanning, Laser Resurfacing or Chemical
- A pain reliever/anti-inflammatory can be taken 30 minutes prior to a waxing appointment to minimize discomfort.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake the day of your appointment as it can stimulate the nervous system and make waxing more painful.
- For ladies, waxing on or near your menstrual cycle, during pregnancy, or after shaving can be more painful, so please schedule your visit wisely. We can still perform the waxing service just be aware that you may be more sensitive.
- Let your service professional know if you have been on any skin medications that could affect your waxing service. These include but are not limited to Accutane, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids(glycolic, salicylic etc..), Antibiotics, Benzoyl Peroxide, Differin, Retin-A/Retinol or any other skin thinning medication.
- We ask that you honor our 24 hour cancellation policy, appointments that cannot be re-booked will be charged 50% of the price of the service. A credit card is necessary for reserving your appointment.
- We maintain a strict no double dipping waxing policy.
- Must be 18 or over to wax, if younger must have a parent or guardian present.
Post Waxing Maintenance
- Apply a 1% Hydrocortisone cream to soothe areas that feel itchy or rashy after waxing.
- Use a sun block after waxing if exposing skin to sun within 24 – 48 hours to avoid hyper-pigmentation.
- Do not apply deodorant to newly waxed underarms or use products containing alcohol after facial waxing
- Do not wear tight pants or panties for the next few days.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Do not use heavily perfumed or thick lotions in bikini area. Doing so may cause ingrown hairs or irritate skin.
- Exfoliate 24 – 48 hours after waxing, gently exfoliate the area again. This helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- Avoid Heat 24 hours for after a wax. This includes working out; as it produces sweat, which carries bacteria into the pores and can irritate skin after waxing. Also, avoid tanning, beds, sauna, steam and hot tub for one day following a wax.
- Be sure to pick up your home care products to maintain a smooth bikini line, we carry ingrown hair relief products so ask your esthetician!
Waxing Appointment Policy
We’re very sorry, but due to the personal nature of our waxing, Eyetopia Beauty Boutique & Spa does not allow children in the waxing rooms or lounge. If you are unable to leave your child at home, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
Eyetopia Beauty Boutique & Spa has a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments. If you must miss, cancel, or change your scheduled appointment time with less that 24 hours notice, you will be charged $25.
Please rest assured that each of our professional Estheticians are fully licensed and trained under Eyetopia Beauty Boutique & Spa standards.
Please make every effort to be on time for your appointment. Out of
consideration for other clients, if you are more than five minutes late, we may need to reschedule your appointment.